Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Words. Quilts. Yummy...

In the midst of decluttering (which has stalled a bit; if I mention it here, will I feel obligated to get back on track with it?), I bought two new quilting books.  Tiny wince face...  But I had a coupon for Amazon.com that I needed to spend!


Ah, the creative juices that get flowing with a new book or pattern or piece of fabric.  *Heavy sigh*  One book, "Word Play Quilts" by Tonya Ricucci, I had first seen at the Sister's Outdoor Quilt Show back in July

I couldn't stop thinking about that book.  I love words.  I love the sound and feel of them, but also love to see text in all different contexts.  I have a block pattern that requires a few words before it becomes the fabulous wall-hanging that it is meant to be.  I was resigned to using applique to make those words--even though I don't do applique. 
I finished five letters in a leisurely hour!  I started with the "o's", because that letter is on the easier end of the scale.  I have a whole phrase in mind, but I'll save that reveal for later.

What am I doing starting a new project?  Making myself happy, that's what!


No comments:

Post a Comment