Monday, August 8, 2011

County Fair: half done

Today was the day for fair entries to be delivered. I had hoped to finish 4 items, but am settling for just 2. I always know that my sewing for the fair is aspirational: I *hope* to have xyz completed by then. I am often motivated by external deadlines. (It is one of my tricks for dealing with ADD procrastination: find a way to impose a firm deadline.)
Queen-sized quilt, ready to go

But this year I just wasn't feeling it. Couldn't make myself work on the "wedding dress redux" items. And, when it came down to the wire, I left a lot of the finishing details unfinished on my tote bag--I just didn't care to put forth the effort. Given my perfectionist tendencies, this may not be such a bad thing: allowing the "good enough" to slip in and save me from the obsessively perfect.

I'll upload photos of the bag soon. It turned out to be pretty clever, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment