Thursday, August 18, 2011

Letters into words. Now what?

I made all the letters I had planned to make.  Put them into the words and the phrase.  It was fun!  Now what?
I didn't have a project in mind.  I just wanted to play with making letters, following the instructions in my new book.  I'm not looking to start a whole quilt around this phrase...  So where do I go from here?  (Uh-oh, a half-baked idea.  Rushing ahead without a clear plan.  Dropping the things I was going to do this week to sneak time in front of the sewing machine.  Sounds like I need to recalibrate my ADD meds.)

Honestly, I think I have the beginnings of a cute wall-hanging.  Could be fabulous.  But--big hesitation here--I don't do wall-hangings.  I wouldn't hang such things in my living space (even if I was living in my own space; but I digress).  My roommate even had a great idea for being able to attach alternate words after the "about".
So... how do you feel about glamor? 
So... how do you feel about chocolate?
So... how do you feel about politics?
So... how do you feel about armadillos?

But what *is* this thing to become?  I'm into practical items, with a touch of whimsy.  Bed-coverings, pillows, curtains, tablecloths, tote bags, garments.  That sort of thing.  Not wall art.

Hmm... Suggestions, anyone?  The display above finishes to about 20" square.

No comments:

Post a Comment