Went for a walk in our frozen wonderland, and marveled at the drivers unaccustomed to such conditions. Here are the lessons I distilled from watching the pickup trucks:
- Yes, 4-wheel drive gives you traction and you can drive on packed snow
- You don't have as much traction as you think (so slow down!)
- Other drivers (of small cars, for example) don't have the traction you do, and will make you slow down, if only to avoid them.
And, upon thawing out at home, I looked over the Xmas apron bounty and was able to correlate each snow lesson with a corresponding Sewing for Xmas lesson:
- Yes, starting to sew in September means you have better traction towards finishing gifts before December 24th
- You don't have as many days left until Xmas as you think (so don't slow down!)
- Other events will pop up to derail your sewing plans; December is a busy month.
Cute, huh? My analytic brain never stops working...