Thursday, January 31, 2013

Buck-a-block: Jan pattern

I was again unable to attend buck-a-block (which, according to the rules, means I can't get my next block for only a buck), but picked the January pattern up the following weekend--and finished sewing it already!

Here is December's completed block:
 


January's pattern is On the Square, and it again comes from Judy Hopkins' 501 Rotary-Cut Quilt Blocks (That Patchwork Place).

The suggested borders form a continuation of the cornerstone/Irish chain effect.  They look kinda cool, but I'm not sure how they would play along with other blocks.
 


I was able to stitch up both the December and January patterns at last weekend's quilting retreat.  I used these blocks as part of my decompression time--getting myself mentally ready for a weekend of sewing, and deciding on which of the nine projects I brought along were calling me first.

Will post some retreat stuff when I feel sorted out a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment