Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas napkins

I am proud that I resisted the strong desire to start new and ambitious projects in the month of December--especially if they were destined to be gifts for others.  I spent the few days before Christmas wrapping gifts, tidying the house, watching TV off the dvr, and idly sewing from time to time.

No panic, no rush.  No last-minute.  One of the best holiday/sewing experiences in recent memory.

I did manage to finish the napkins that were started for Sweetie's mom's visit--not in time for her to see them, but definitely on the table for Christmas eve dinner and Christmas morning brunch.
This project used up a hunk of fabric that had been in my stash for many years (twenty?  who's counting anyway?).  And it also managed to match the blue of the other holiday decor, while still playing well with the red tablecloth that is currently on display.

Well done by me.  Bon appetit to all, and to all a good night...


No comments:

Post a Comment