Monday, December 3, 2012

Barnyard quilt-along Month 1 (of 15)

I see clouds!

Finished the first month's (self-assigned) small project to go on my Barnyard PlayQuilt.
 This one was a no-brainer, as I had already chosen the fabrics for front and back, traced the pattern onto the white seersucker, and scrounged out tiny pieces of batting--all before this project had been stuffed into that grocery bag for years of neglect.
The only tricky thing was the hand-stitching required to close the small opening (yes, that's how much I hate hand sewing) and how to do the decorative stitching quilting.  I used my machine's walking foot, since my free-motion quilting skills are still in development.  Although the stitching is far from the level of perfection I usually insist upon, I am reminding myself that this is a children's play quilt.  No child will examine the stitching.  Is it sturdy?  Then it's good enough.

Second month's assignment: the sun.
Due date: January 19 (same day as buck-a-block) 

No comments:

Post a Comment