Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Barnyard quilt-along Month 2 (of 15)

Here comes the sun!
After making ten rays for the sun, and getting detoured into an edgestitching critique, I only ended up using nine of them to complete the sun.  This is the second month of stitching small details for my Barnyard Quilt, and was due to be completed by January 19th.  (I am ahead of schedule.  Oh boy!)

I was slightly vexed by the rippling in the rays, until I realized that I made no accommodation for the fact that the seam was stitched along a curve.  I had to keep reminding myself that this is a play item for a child.  No need to rip it out and start over.  Is it sturdy?  Is it cute?  Does it adequately resemble a sun?  (Down, perfectionist demons!)

Sun looks nice with the clouds from last month.  They will eventually have buttonholes added that will allow the pieces to be placed in various locations in the sky area of the play mat.

Third month's assignment: a wishing well
Due date: February 16 (same day as buck-a-block) 

No comments:

Post a Comment