Friday, April 26, 2013

Buck-a-block April pattern

Went to buck-a-block mid-month, got new pattern and fabric.  Woot.

 April's pattern is "Cross and Chains", from Judy Hopkins' book 501 Rotary Cut Quilt Blocks (That Patchwork Place).  We were told that the medium and dark fabrics are interchangeable, so I will have to see which one I like in which location.

I'm not confident of my ability to make the 4-patch-in-a-box portions have their corners all neat and tidy.  I'm sure my inner perfectionist will keep me in line with that, but I'm already hoping I don't have to rip out too much.

This is the shop sample, with suggested borders.  I really like this border with this block.

One month to make one block--that's what I like about this BOTM: something I can get behind and get done.


No comments:

Post a Comment