Sunday, November 18, 2012

Buck-a-block, month 2

Finished month 1 pattern, picked up month 2.

My version: basic 9" block (what will I do with it?)
Cat's Cradle
And here's what the shop sample looks like.  The 3" border all around will really define the overall quilt.  Which is why I'm waiting until inspiration strikes me before I go and commit myself to a color scheme.  I'll just stick to the plain, don't-mind-me-I'll-just-fade-into-the-background block centers for a few months.
 

 So, on to the October pattern:

The pattern is called "Maple Star", and it is again taken from Judy Hopkins' book 501 Rotary-Cut Quilt Blocks (That Patchwork Place).  I think it is rather lovely, even if the cream color scheme is a bit mousy.

Understated, maybe?
 

The shop sample features a churn-dash-like border treatment.  I like it a lot!

If I were thinking "modern" with my border color choices, what would that look like?

How about "batik"?  Ooh, that might be nice. 

Still puzzling about why I signed up for another year of this...

No comments:

Post a Comment