Monday, July 2, 2012

Wild Ideas


There’s a scene in the movie WorkingGirl (a top 80’s favorite of mine) where business prodigy Tess McGill, played by Melanie Griffith, has to tell powerful Mr. Trask how she came up with the heretofore untried idea of expanding his business holdings into radio.  She shows him newspaper and magazine clippings that inspired her idea, and explains how she connected the pieces into her novel approach.

Well, that’s what I want to do with “Wild Ideas”: collect my clippings and explain my inspirations.  I have come across several things lately that exploded into leaps of creativity.  I may want to design or sew something based on these ideas one day, but I need a place to hold onto the pieces that inspired me.  I am wary of opening the pinterest door (I think it would be a Pandora’s box for my little ADD-brain), so this will be my place to hold onto things.  I can come back at any time and connect the dots.

Off I go…

No comments:

Post a Comment