Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Project report for April

Another month, another single project complete (the napkins).  Which is not to say that was the only thing I worked on.  In fact, I was working toward finishing a second project--but it will have to wait.  (And there was thesis writing that got in the way.  Blast that educational goal!)

Sneak peek: got one of the paper-pieced daisies put together.
Still have to quilt it, so it is far from done.  But cute!  And it was all about learning a new skill anyway.  The project piece was secondary.

I noticed something as the end of the month approached: thinking about completing projects actually kept me from working on longer-term efforts that will not be done anytime soon (1930's reproduction quilt is a prime example).  I know any larger project takes sustained effort over many months, but right now I want to see instant results.  Oh, I am an impatient sprite these days!

Monthly project count...
Completed projects this Month:  1
Completed projects Year to Date:  5
New projects this Month:  none
New projects Year to Date: 6
Discarded/donated projects (farewell!): 2 (this month's discard: rayon capri pants)
Net Project Count for 2012: -1

Ooh, look!  The net count has finally slipped into negative numbers.  I love me some negative numbers: it means I now have *less stuff* than I did at the beginning of the year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment