Saturday, May 26, 2012

Buck-a-block for May

I remembered to take along my camera to capture the buck-a-block design from the shop sample this month.
The Americana colorway is so not my favorite this month.  (I kinda like the 1930's prints on the left--but then again, I am partial to them anyway.)

Flower Garden - envisioned in Americana

This month's pattern is "Flower Garden Patch" from The Farmer's Wife.  Our cutting and sewing directions have this pattern made from a nine-patch.  I had trouble seeing it at first.

It's time for me to make a block in red/black/pink, but I'm really not feeling it.  Don't like the blue I received this month, either.  Drat.  Here's my major beef: I think the strong diagonal lines in red will detract from whatever else is on the block.  (Which is funny, because I totally loved the strong red frame in this other block.)



And I'm not digging the rectangles along each edge.  Am I just too picky?

No comments:

Post a Comment