Sunday, May 27, 2012

1930's: is it big enough?

During this month's Stitch-n-Bitch (aka evening open sew at The Crow), I was able to put the pre-prepared borders onto the 1930's reproduction quilt I have been working on (on-and-off since January 2011, when I won 21 blocks in a block challenge).

Is it big enough?  The central portion is a 4-by-6 layout of 12-inch blocks.  Too narrow, but long/tall enough, so I made the scrappy piano-key border for just the sides-- 6" wide (so essentially, adding another 12" block to the width.


Now I just need to save up enough money to send it to the quilter.  I so want to be able to count this project as "done", but I'm guided by Stashbuster's rule: you can't call it done until the binding has been tacked down and the extra threads clipped.

But it might be done in 2012...

No comments:

Post a Comment