Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Relaxing Robin April Check-in

It's the end of April.  I scurried to make visible progress on my Relaxing Robin sew-along.  Even though I haven't finished this month's step (which I made a carryover from last month's step), I feel pretty good about where I am at.


MARCH APRIL IS-
 
4. add some triangles. this could be flying geese, pinwheels, etc. again, have fun with this. there are many blocks and ideas with triangles.

I based the "picket fence" choice for add some triangles on another Relaxing Robin project, made by Sunny at Quilting Dreams.  This border will go all the way around the quilt, with a cute corner treatment inspired by my friend Dwynn.  (Stay tuned!)


Design wall floor:  envisioning what this border will look like when it goes around the sides of the quilt.  Ooh, I am impressed with my progress!  Can you tell how large this is?

Honestly, a quilt top usually takes me years.  I have only been working on this one since... December January.  Go me!  I am wanting it to finish out at twin-size.  The next row is planned out



APRIL MAY IS-

5. using some of the fabric in the first border make another border of your choice


But first, I need to finish up my April step. 
Just keep working along, at my relaxing pace...

And I'm not even a cat person...


Thanks to Dawn at Sew You Quilt 2 for hosting this Relaxing Robin.  There's a link-up on her blog; I hope others who are participating will feel bold enough to post their progress, too.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea... Relaxing Robin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your progress ! those kitties are so playful and fun on there. You have inspired me to get busy on mine.........

    ReplyDelete