Sunday, June 17, 2012

Buck-a-block: May completed, June pattern

I'm so happy with last month's pattern--after I decided to make it in 1930's prints!
Today I sewed this block into the backing fabric for my 1930's quilt.  It's all ready to go to the quilter.  So excited to be at this stage.

Buck-a-block was Saturday.  I kinda like this month's block.  Here's the sample from the shop
It's like a giant exploding star!  There are five fabrics in here: cream background, two reds (corner is different than center) and two blues (again, corner is different).  The fabrics I received in the kit are very similar
No title to this block (did it come from The Farmer's Wife?)

I intend to make this in the black/red/pink colorway.  I think I'm off to the fabric store to buy a solid pink to use as background for the couple remaining blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment