Thursday, January 26, 2012

Quilt Retreat starts today!

I leave tonight for the annual Something To Crow About winter retreat.  Fondly known as Quilt Camp.  Three days of cutting, pinning, ironing, sewing; eating, talking, napping, getting inspiration.  If you're a quilter, you owe it to yourself to go to a retreat at least one time.

I go nearly every year.  It's my Christmas (and birthday).

Here's the list of projects I'm bringing.
There are 3 quilt-y things, one single block, and 3 back-up sewing projects.  Too much?  When I asked oldest daughter about it, she said, "Of course it's too much."  Without even hearing what was on my list.  She knows me so well.

I know, from prior experience, that I bring too much stuff to retreat.  But I also know that I crave variety.  Sometime on Saturday afternoon--after sewing for a day and a half--I will want a complete change of pace.  One year I even brought a knitting project to fill that "change of pace" piece.  I also need a sure-to-be-finished project (like the buck-a-block) so that I have something tangible to show that I *completed*. 

Excited to get there and get sewing!  Not worried right this minute about how much I can get done from this list...  I'll report progress when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment