Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year's Resolution (short version)

My New Year's Resolution for 2012

Well, after much over-thinking, I have decided to just follow FlyLady's decluttering plan for the year.  Fifteen minutes per day of decluttering in my house, zone by zone, will definitely result in less stuff in my life.

It seems so far from a perfect Resolution that I'm embarrassed.  Can I maintain this decluttering for an entire year?  What counts as "success"?  If I only delcutter for 10 minutes a day?  If I declutter 2 days a week, instead of 5?  Is it the process, establishing the habit, or the end result of a cleaner, emptier house that is the goal?

I just have to get over my perfectionist self.  It is what it is.  We'll see how it plays out over the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment