Friday, December 21, 2018

FQ Pop-up finish

Oops, a project inserted itself into December: the Fat-quarter Pop-up, by Fat Quarter Gypsy.  Like that was in my plans for this month...


Thank goodness it's a quick make.  Plus, I had the added advantage of having already made a couple t-shirt pop-ups--Minecraft, Minions, and hummingbirds (oops, 2 of 3 not blogged)--using the same spring mechanism, so I was well aware of how things went together in general.


Supposed to only use ONE fat quarter for this.  But I just can't resist mixing fabrics--it's what I love most about quilting.  So, maybe a second fabric came into play.  Just for the base, mind you.  Oh, and a peek of contrast on the inside.  Can't help myself.


Done.

Do you whip up some quick projects in December, too?  Were they on your list, or did they just POP into being?  (see what I did there?)



Quick finish deserves a linky party, don'cha think?  Linking up with Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday, being hosted this week by Alycia Quilts.  Go show some love!


1 comment: