Monday, December 3, 2018

December goals

I just saw a new sew-along challenge in my social media feed this morning

#transformTsal

Darn it all!  I need my December goals in writing to keep me from going down the rabbit hole of starting a project that has nothing to do with what I was planning to do with my month, sewing-wise.  (Even though I just loooove doing things with T-shirts...)



For fortification, I just listened to an episode of The Organize 365 Podcast on  "Manifesting your organization" where Lisa Woodruff gives more evidence to support the idea that writing down your goals and envisioning them completed is more likely to lead to your success.

Fingers crossed for success here.  Or at least more clarity & impetus to move forward.



 
1.  Cooking with Kaffe BoM block(s)


Need to make at least January's sample block for the Block of the Month that I teach at the shop.  I agonize too much over every fabric choice and all the block alternatives that are swirling around in my head.

Why "Cooking with Kaffe"?  We are teaching techniques from The Quilt Block Cookbook by Amy Gibson; and using fabrics from the turquoise/purple/green end of any of Kaffe Fasset's lines.



2.  Sew Together Bag
Teaching this class again in January--I could really use a new sample.  Two of my sample bags have gone missing... frowny face.


Drama, anyone?

3.  Three blocks for Drama T-shirt Quilt
I think this would be an awesome Xmas gift for the youngest--not that the quilt would be finished, but that she would know I have not forgotten about her and her needs.  (Intended blocks: Arsenic and Old Lace; Marley and Scrooge; and The Nerd.  Feels better just naming which blocks are up next.)


Vintage quilt in mid-refashion

4.  Xmas stockings for the siblings
Umm, I think this was on my list last December?  So sad that I cast it adrift for almost a year without getting done.




Look at me:  only FOUR items on my December goals list!

Elm Street Quilts

I am declaring item #4 -- the Xmas stockings, to be my One Monthly Goal for December.  I have linked up over at Elm Street Quilts, in order to hold myself doubly accountable.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent choice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete