Saturday, October 5, 2013

Setting Goals for October


I normally spend a moment at the beginning of a new month reviewing my progress in the previous month.  This time, however, after several months of floundering around, I want to set some goals.


What would I like to accomplish in October?  What is actually realistic for me to accomplish in October--given all the multitude of other demands on my time?  (And, remembering that I am slower than I think when it comes to getting things done.)

 

1.  Complete SIX of the aprons that will be Christmas gifts to the nieces and nephews this year.  Six may sound like a lot, but I have thirteen of them to make; and I don't want to still be sewing these in December (goal: stress-free Christmas).  I intend to personalize each one to the recipient, so I know that adds a level of complexity, too.


2.  Finish this month's Buck-a-Block in time for the final monthly meeting of this 12-month BOTM adventure.
Planned circle quilting location

3.  Quilt some circles into the baby quilt (from last year's Buck-a-Block BOTM extravaganza) that I am machine quilting on my own. I learned a circle quilting technique on a recent episode of Sewing With Nancy, and I think I can do it.

There.  A plan for October.  Might even get it all done--unlike most of my ToDo lists, which are knowlingly too long for human accomplishment.
http://fiberofallsorts.blogspot.com/p/lovely-year-of-finishes.html

I'm linking up with A Year of Lovely Finishes, so that I can track both my goal-setting, and my actual progress at the end of the month.  Wish me luck!

Mini-goal for this weekend: cut out all the linings for the six aprons, and prep three of them for dyeing.

1 comment:

  1. It looked like a reasonable list. How'd you do? (Thirteen aprons is a LOT of aprons!)

    ReplyDelete