Monday, February 11, 2013

Routine Maintenance

Time for me to quote about how life is all about the maintenance...  And for me, that means I need to keep up with my routines.  Which I have not done lately.

The most troublesome area has been my finances.  Here's just a symptom of that area:

Look! I see some cash in there.
My wallet.  There may be a twenty dollar bill in there with all the receipts, coupons, and business cards, but it's hard to tell.  And financial guru Suze Orman tells me that I need to respect my money (and myself) in order to maintain a satisfying relationship with it.  This scene does not look very respectful.

Wider view of the whole purse, just before I dumped everything out for a bit of a cleaning.  Whew!  What a mess.  Found a check from my Dad for my birthday (thanks, Dad!), as well as five gift cards from various occasions dating back to last year's June graduation.

Where to go from here?  How do I get back to having financial routines?  I even downloaded a phone app to keep track of my on-the-go cash spending, but haven't taken the time to fully figure out how to use it.  So it's just hit-and-miss, and I end up saving cash receipts "just in case".  Poo.

Well, no good news story here.  Just hoping that by blogging about it I will feel like I am now obligated to go and do something about it.  Thanks for putting up with my mini-rant today.

No comments:

Post a Comment