Monday, November 18, 2013

More T-shirt quilt ideas

In the midst of Christmas sewing, so I can't post pictures or status updates or I'll ruin the surprise.  But this doesn't mean my mind has been idle while my iron is a-steamin'.  Oh, no: I am busy planning next year's projects.  Always save room for new and shiny ideas to invade and take over.  I have decided to work on the new t-shirt quilt for my youngest daughter during winter retreat.  Which is not until January.

Meanwhile, however, I saw another idea for sashing and setting the t-shirts: flying geese!


This quilt was seen at October's quilt market in Houston.  (Thanks to Becky at Piece by Piece Fabrics for posting this picture.)

The flying geese idea is clearly a winner.  Looking back on the blog post for the original t-shirt quilt dreams, I see that the San Francisco-themed quilt had a lot of flying geese in it, too.

Okay, storing this idea away for later use.  Back to Santa's Workshop for me...



No comments:

Post a Comment