Sunday, July 29, 2012

Buck-a-block July pattern

Got a sneak-peek at this month's buck-a-block before the actual date, so I had time to get a little pre-thinking going.  We are coming ever closer to the end of a year of making blocks, and I need two more blue blocks and only one more red/black/pink block to make the six needed for a baby quilt in each colorway.

I saw the shop sample, and immediately honed in on the "tulip" shape (the navy in the corners).

Made me think of another block we made earlier this year with that same shape in it, so naturally I want to go back to the blue colorway, to make this block coordinate with the other block.
January's buck-a-block
The name of this month's pattern is "Silver Lane" from The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt.  The version pictured in the book is shown on-point, and it is especially lovely (try turning your computer screen--or tilting your head 45 degrees).  I already have most of my fabrics chosen--navy blues and turquoises--just need to decide on the placement of the fabric that will be the frame around the central pinwheel.

Stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment