All last night I was singing, in my best Jo Anne Worley warble, about the virtues and wonders of this new development in my sewing space.
Not familiar with Jo Anne Worley? (Such a shame, youngsters)
(If for some reason the video doesn't play, I got it here on Youtube.)
I covered the whole thing with 1 2/3 yards (8 feet) of polyester batting, from the roll at the quilt shop.
Held up very cleverly with blue painter's tape; and by being wedged between the floor and ceiling.
And on the design wall today? A little ol' table runner whose borders need some help.
(I am aware that 64 square feet of design wall is a tiny bit of overkill for a table runner. But I will use its lovely, ginormous surface soon, I promise.)
This table runner is made from three blocks out of last year's black-white-and-bright Block of the Month. I threw it together quickly, to show students an idea of how to use some of their blocks. I also wanted to try out a border idea that I had previewed in 2014--also on a black-and-white quilt.
Upon further review, I was left feeling that my version of the border--which I made narrower due to the size of a table runner vs. a full quilt--was just too darn loud. The black-and-white fabrics I used did not allow for good viewing of the piecing. Plus, they shouted down the lovely blocks in the center. Not good at all.
So, there you have it: a large canvas to give perspective to noisy borders. I'll be replacing some of the fabrics to try and calm things down a bit.
In other news... I will be hosting TGIFF this week. More super excitement brewing!
If you have a FINISH, please come back and join the party on Friday this week. I love to celebrate finishes!!
|3rd of July wedding = awesome photographs|