Monday, February 29, 2016

February "garment" finished

I pledged to try and make more garments this year.  Don't know if this one really counts, but I finished something I can wear!

Simplicity 1959 - a collection of hats made from fleece.  I made view D: a beret-like slouch hat with super-cute tucks around the band (shown in pink on the pattern envelope)

What a simple pattern! Two pattern pieces, and only two lines of instruction. The only tricky bit was sewing so very many tucks. I worried whether my seam allowances would be accurate enough to allow the finished product to fit my noggin.

The fabric is from my scrap bin: camouflage fleece that made a very comfy pair of pants back in 2012.  (Pants that still see regular rotation as loungewear at home.)

Happy to make something useful from scrap fabric.

Not sure about the camo, but fingers crossed
Of course, I want this garment mojo to keep going.  So far, two months into the year, and two completions.

I have so, so much fabric--Must. Keep. Going.

No comments:

Post a Comment