Saturday, January 6, 2018

Report out: December goals & blogging

I set monthly goals for December (first time since March), so it's time to look back and see how I did.
At the same time, I signed up for 31 days of blogging in December, although it was clear at mid-month that 31 blog posts was not really gonna happen.  But 13 posts did happen, and that is a huge change.

December goal report

1.  Finish super-secret quilt Done!
Almost got to the recipient in time for Christmas.  But what a delight to see and hear how much she loved it.  Like giving birth...


2.  Finish baby quilt for Guild charity drive So close...
I put on the binding.  I removed the partial bits of my previous quilting, and I started tying the quilt.  Just didn't get it done in time.  So it got put aside in the pre-Christmas rush.



3.  Finish puppy pillow sham  Nope
This will eventually be a gift.  Just not for Christmas 2017.

4.  Hand-stitch binding on Circles BoM quilt  Again, so close...
I stitched while my son was visiting one December weekend (much good football watching).  But alas, still have about 12" left.


5.  Make/complete 3 blocks for Woven BoM  Done!
Updated the display at the shop, with Four completed blocks.  Looking good!



6.  Finish 2 chirimen samples  Nope
7.  Finish "C is for Chicken" book  Nope
8.  Memorial stockings for the siblings  Nope
Did not touch any of this in December.

What happened?
Well, I actually picked up a totally different unfinished project.  Hand work.  Traveled nicely when I went to see family and friends at many holiday gatherings.


There are eight cats to blanket stitch outline on this twin-sized quilt top--a project started in 2014 (and stalled significantly since then).  I suppose I could look back at my December goals to analyze why I went so astray of what I said I wanted to work on.  But, ya know, it was a holiday month, so I think I'm gonna just let it be.

To recap: some cute cats got their blanket stitch on, my largest ever quilt was completed and sent to its forever home, and I still love to sew, regardless of my perceived productivity in any given month.

Happy stitching to me!  And happy 2018 to us all!


No comments:

Post a Comment