Friday, April 10, 2015

Feeling Caffeinated

Just before my move to California, a fabric package arrived in the mail.  I had to pack it away (of course), and found it in one of today's unpackings. Yay!


All of the fabrics in the package were part of the Have a Latte line by Dan DiPaolo for Clothworks.  The photo above also includes a fat quarter of a locally purchased random coffee-themed fabric.

Why would I mail-order?  Well, you see, I needed these particular fabrics.  I am participating in a blog hop that uses this fabric line; I went looking for them at several Oregon stores, to no avail.  Internet to the rescue!


The Have a Latte blog hop takes place April 13-23, hosted on Sew We Quilt Stitch. The amazing Joan at MooseStash Quilting is the cheerleader for this hop, and she graciously scheduled my reveal day for the end of the hop, due to my move (and my propensity to procrastinate).

Which fabrics would you choose to use?

The full schedule for the blog hop is posted here.  I can't talk too much about what I am creating, but you can see in my purchases the palette that I have chosen!  I decided to use more of the "blender" fabrics from the line--which means I will have to let my design spell out the coffee theme.


One sure bet is that this tea coffee cup shape will appear somewhere. It is a favorite design of mine, and the ability to use it yet again was the impetus for signing up for this blog hop.  April 22 is less than 2 weeks away--Yikes!! 

I better brew up some beans and get to sewin'

No comments:

Post a Comment