Monday, November 10, 2014

Bright Beginning in October

I succumbed to starting a new project in October: the Bright Sky quilt by Blossom Heart Quilts.




Got so excited about finishing off one of the items on my 4th quarter goal list that I skipped down to the bottom of the goals, where it said "Start something I am *excited* about" (aka do something for ME).  And that insistent ME person wouldn't quiet down until I cut into yardage from the fabric hoard (or is that horde?  Helpful grammar hint: If you have a hoard of something, a horde of people might try to take it from you.)  This quilt is being made entirely from long-time stashed fabrics--some approaching the 20-year vintage.

Hello there!


I used the no-waste flying geese method to make the center star points.  This method not only saves fabric (especially compared to the folded-corner method I often use), but ensured that my directional background fabric would automatically sort itself out.  The background stripes line up pretty good!

Center Star: approx 36"
Sweetie has commented that my fabrics are a bit loud.  Oh, Sweetie... fasten your seatbelt, cuz it's about to get really loud up in here.


The Outer Star is a Hawaiian print, bordered by your basic leopard (just to give it more presence).  Yep: LOUD.



So... I'm off on the new flight of fancy.  The link-up for the Bright Sky Quilt Along runs until Sunday.  Any possibility I could finish this top by then?  I highly doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment